Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 3- Sick of fries already.

I want bread.  Bad.  Or at least something breaded and fried.  Hell, fried bread dipped in batter sounds like heaven to me right now...

Took my boys out to lunch today.  Were were just going to get something quick and fast-foody, but what can I eat on that menu?  Fries?  I was never really all that crazy about them to begin with.  And you need the bun on a burger to disguise the little bits of gristle and crunchies that inevitably end up in my food.

It was even slim-pickins on the menu at Logans.  I ended up with steak, steamed broccoli, and you guessed it, fries.  I am not a voracious consumer of red meat, I prefer chicken or turkey, but when going to a restaurant the last thing you want is something you could just as easily fix at home.  Grilled chicken fits that category for me.  Now, I would have LOVED a plate of chicken fingers with some honey mustard to drown them in, but they are breaded. [Insert exasperated sigh here]

I am so annoyed by my ban on breading that I am shamelessly annoying the cat and poking his tail with my toe while he tries to nap.  He keeps twitching it at me and giving me that look.  The one that says, "bitch, you do that again and I will cut you." Maybe I should stop.

Dinner promises to make up for some of my culinary annoyances.  I'm making teriyaki shrimp stir fry with bok choy, carrots, and mushrooms.

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to you for trying! I wouldn't even try! A friend of ours works in a bakery that makes gluten-free stuff though, and she had this incredible blackberry pie the other night, so I guess things can be found. Your dinner sounds great (minus the veggies). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete